Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Make your own Fage





I love Fage.


I could eat it for breakfast, lunch , and dinner. I usually just top it with some honey. My problem is that Fage costs $5.69 for about 16 oz at my local Kroger. That's a lot of dough for something I consume in 2 or 3 days.

In order to make your own Fage, you will need: regular plain yogurt, paper towels, and a strainer (or colander or anything with lot of holes in it). I personally use my steamer. I put my steamer over a pot to catch the excess liquid. Then I line my steamer with about 3 paper towels and dump the yogurt on top. Stick your empty yogurt container and your strainer in the fridge for a few hours or overnight. Then you can scoop your yogurt back into the container- done!

For 32 oz of plain yogurt I paid $2.19 and after I strained it, about 16 oz remained. Quite a savings and I couldn't even taste the difference.


1 comment:

Tiffany B. said...

I would love to see a picture step by step. Just an idea ; )