Friday, January 29, 2010

Lancome Chris & Tell : Coral Lips for Spring!

I will admit, I got caught up in the hype of a limited edition shade from Lancome for Spring. The "it" coral shade that was flattering on anyone. I don't have many peach or coral shades, so this sounded perfect for me.

Chris & Tell is the L'Absolu Rouge formula and retails for $29. I was able to get free shipping by pre-ordering through Lucky Magazine. I also got a pretty sweet GWP- another L'Absolu Rouge Lipstick in Cherrywood Luxe, a trial size Effacernes Concealer, and a trial size of Absolue Facial Cream.


Cute packaging!

The tube is a sleek black accented with Lancome's signature gold rose on top. It is magnetic and clicks together securely.

Love the tiny rose.

(Try to ignore the mystery spot on my cushion. Could be mud from the dog or food from the kids. Endless possibilties....)

The formula is smooth and very pigmented. This may be one of my favorite lipstick formulas, and well worth the cash. I was slightly disappointed with my similarly priced Chanel Rouge Allure. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't good enough to warrant the steep price tag. This lipstick is!

I would call it a slightly pinked melon color. It is peach, but looks pinker than most of my peaches. It can be bright and opaque with a couple swipes, or blotted down for a sheer pop of color. No shimmer here, though it is slightly glossy on my lips.

I will do a full face with this tomorrow, but here are some swatches for now.


2 comments:

Minted Rose said...

Oh boy! I want!!! The chris and tell looks like it would be the PERFECT spring/summer lippie

Martha said...

The color is gorgeous, I hope I can make it work on me. It is well worth it especially if you can snag a nice GWP.