Friday, January 22, 2010

Things That Make My Skin Go Crazy.

Oh the joys of sensitive skin. I feel like my problem has gotten worse as I get older. Not that I'm old or ever will be. No way. Never.

I thought I should start a list of things that have caused my skin to explode into tiny red bumps, and made it impossible to leave the house for about a week. I won't go into any more details except to say painful and GROSS.

#1 MAC Tinted Lip ConditionerOhhhh.... Look how pretty! A cute little jar of moisturizing goodness. Not to mention that yummy vanilla caramel scent. It even has Spf and a slight tint. By the end of the day I felt a slight warmth, followed by an itch on my face. I washed it off because I knew where this was going. Fast forward to the next morning- I look like Angelina Jolie if she were to stick her lips in a blender. Day two and the tiny bumps are moving to my chin and nose. May have to see a dermatogist for this one.


#2 Korres Quince Body Butter

The natural ingredients should have tipped me off first, but I blindly slathered myself in this thick floral cream. By the end of the day I was feeling itchy and had bumps on my neck and arms. Good thing this didn't spread far and was gone in two days. No need to avoid public places this time.


#3 Clinique Buttershine Lipstick
Ohhhhh Butter and Shine? Sign me up! I only used this for a day. At the time I was testing out Bare Escentuals Matte foundation, so I thought that had caused my reaction. It was weeks later when my sister mentioned she had a reaction to a Clinique lipstick. Orly? Yes rly.


#4 Philosophy Hope In A Jar
This was a Sephora sample. Evil Sephora. I used it one time and the reaction was within hours. This left my entire face and neck covered in the tiny painful (oozing) bumps. This was truly the worst. I looked like the victim of a terrible chemical burn, which I guess is about right. I have since decided to stop experimenting with my skincare. I mostly use Boots and try not to stray.

1 comment:

GlossQueen said...

I had the same problem with the TLC, thankfully it only affected my lips though. I hope your skin recovers soon!