Thursday, July 22, 2010

NARS Douceur Blush and Rajasthan Duo: Swatches and Review

Oh NARS, you cruel temptress. Look what I "had to have".


Douceur blush is a dusty light pink color with very slight shimmer. The shimmer isn't obvious, but it keeps the color from being totally flat on the skin. I think this could be a real winner for light skin tones searching for a nice pinkish nude blush. This is what I wanted Madly to be, but Madly was very brown on me.


I have heard Douceur compared to Blushbaby, and while it is similar, they are still different enough for a blush fanatic to easily justify having both. Chanel Mocha was the only other pinkish brown color I owned.


Here it is next to MAC Strada, which is much lighter and cooler.



Now on to Rajasthan, which is as smooth and pigmented as anyone could ask for. Rajasthan has a shimmery beige and a blackened forest green.


I found a few close colors, but the NARS Duo is the most refined in shimmer and pigmented overall.

NARS, I love you man!

4 comments:

Mimi (MakeupWithdrawal) said...

Yay! I'm glad you got yours too! Did you pass on Daphne then?
Would you say that Twillery is a good dupe of the tan shade? Someone asked me for recs for a dupe of that color.


-Kaisermimivii

Martha said...

I passed on Daphne for now, but I really do want that too :) I'd say Twillery is pretty close for sure.

Musing on Beauty said...

I can't believe we got the same things LOL. I got Daphne as well, I put pics and swatches on my blog too :)

Martha said...

I am definitely wanting Daphne now :)