Sunday, October 10, 2010

Urban Decay Book of Shadows Vol. III: Swatches and Review

Who can resist a palette full of colorful goodness from Urban Decay? Obviously I can't....

This little jerk had me as soon as it appeared on Sephora.com.


It is worth mentioning that this Book of Shadows is even thicker than it's predecessor, Book of Shadows Vol. II (swatches here). Yes, I am shocked. I had no idea it was possible to make an Urban Decay palette even bulkier.

Here is the inside pop up crap. This is obviously not why I bought this palette. I am always conflicted as to whether or not I should depot these beasts.


Now on to the good stuff....





I love the selection of new colors and some old favorites.


Perversion is always a great matte black I can use to deepen the crease. Uzi is a glittery frosty white. I hate glitter fallout, but now that I have my Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy I might change my mind about glitter. Loaded is a deep shimmering greenish black. It almost looks blue in some lights. Kush is a vibrant grass green with shimmer. It reminds me of a more pigmented Graffiti. Midnight Cowboy Rides Again is a beige with loads of glitter. Last Call is a frosty cranberry. Rockstar is a deep shimmery purple, just like the 24/7 liner. Money is a light blue/green color. It is very glowy and complex.


Haight is a vibrant teal blue. Maui Wowie is an antique gold with glitter. I find that if I tap my brush, most of the glitter falls off nicely. I love to use it with Smog, a rich shimmery bronze. Bordello is a pinkish mauve color with subtle champagne colored flecks. Radium is an intense blue. Snatch is a peachy pink with lots of golden shimmer. Suspect is a beige taupe with a subdued finish. Psychedelic Sister is a frosty bright purple.

Overall I am pleased with the lack of glitter bombs. I can see some nice combination possibilities.


You also get a mini sized Urban Decay Primer Potion, which I use on a daily basis to keep my eyeshadow from creasing. The pencils included are Ransom, a purple with bluish sheen, and Zero, a deep black.

3 comments:

Pearls&Politics said...

THIS IS A GREAT PALETTE! I AM STILL TRYING TO DECIDE IF I WILL PICK ONE UP THOUGH--
GREAT DESCRIPTIONS, THANKS!

Michelle (LipstickRules) said...

this looks fabulous! Too bad I'm on a spending ban. LOL.

ashley said...

Laughed out loud here at my desk (while at work!) @ the "this little jerk had me" comment! :)

Very pretty, thanks!