Sunday, April 17, 2011

Bobbi Brown Peony & Python Set Swatches and Review

Bobbi Brown snatched more of my money this spring with her Peony & Python collection. I got both the palette and set.


This set was exclusive to Neiman Marcus. It has a full sized Black Mauve Shimmer Ink, Pink Peony Illuminating Bronzer (a color only in the set), and Pink Lilac Brightening lip gloss. Also included are a mini face brush and eyeliner brush.

The bag initially caught my eye, and it is available separately as well.

The colors included are gorgeous! I am loving the "bronzer". It is a lovely bright pink blush with golden shimmer. Thankfully most of the shimmer does not translate to the cheek, and you are left with a soft glow.

Black Mauve is a plummy brown with a bit of shimmer to keep it from looking too flat. It is a nice alternative to black liner when you want a softer look.

I am surprised at how much I love the gloss. It is a pale cool pink. It gives a nice shimmer to the lips without being frosty. The formula is thick without being sticky, and it smells like cake. It looks great alone or over lipstick.

Here is Pink Peony compared to MAC Dollymix. Dollymix is warmer and frostier.

Pink Peony next to Antigua Illuminating Bronzer:


Overall I am happy with the colors in this set, but the mini brushes are pretty useless. I wish the price point had been a bit lower and the brushes were not included. I am really enjoying the colors and the cute little case though!

1 comment:

Dovey said...

I really love the blush (er bronzer?) swatch! (It looks good on your FOTD on the prev post as well). I wish BB had released it as a single item.