Saturday, June 25, 2011

OPI Pirate Pastels: Yaaaarrrr??

I heart Jack Sparrow.


Up for the newest installment in the Pirates of the Caribbean, is OPI's pastel themed polish collection. Strange concept, but beautiful colors.



I got all but two of the colors. I love OPI's formula and these candy colors are so fun!

I have swatched these with two coats- no base or top coat. I put a coat of silver shatter on the ring finger, but didn't wait long enough for the base color to dry. Shatter cracks better when the undercoat of polish is completely dry.

Mermaid's Tears is a pastel aqua with a touch of green.

Planks A Lot is a dusty pastel lavender.

Sparrow Me the Drama is a candy mid tone pink.

Stranger Tides is a faded light celery green.

The formula was very easy to work with- no streaks or sheerness. I wouldn't think of pirates when looking at these pastel colors, but I am in love with this collection. The Silver Shatter is a fun addition as well. I went back and bought the other 2 colors after seeing them in person. They are both dusty toned pastel colors, and I can't get enough of cream polishes or OPI.

3 comments:

Ava said...

It never occurred to me to use silver shatter over pastels. Nice!

Brianna said...

I just bought Mermaid Tears on Friday and came right home and put it on my toes, I love it! Perfect accessory to go watch the latest 'Pirates' installment which I did yesterday =)

Brianna said...

I just bought Mermaid's tears on Friday! I came right home and put it on my toes, love it so much! It was the perfect accessory to wear to see the latest 'Pirates' movie which I did yesterday, love me some Jack Sparrow