Thursday, November 3, 2011

Bare Escentuals Putting on the Glitz Set: Swatches and Review

Oops I did it again........


 I bought another Bare Escentuals set.  

I do like the Bare Escentuals already I own, but I don't pull it out as often as I should since the loose pigments can be messy.  

Putting on the Glitz is a great set out just in time for the holidays.  It was also out in time for Sephora's Friends & Family Sale, so I found it easier to indulge.  I did separate out the mascara, brush, and bag, knowing I wouldn't use them.  I have also since sold the eyeliner as it wasn't my cup of tea.  It was a bit on the soft side which wasn't great for the precise line I favor.  

 I must say that I love the new sifter mechanism for the cheek powders!  It is a bit like a pepper grinder- you can grip the top edge and twist to open the sifter or close it.  It is so easy to use and much less messy than an open sifter.


 The eyeshadows are in the standard BE packaging still.

 L-R: Toasted Almond Primer, Glamtastic Shadow, Glitz Shadow, 5 pm Eyeliner, Gorgeous Blush, Luxe Radiance, Perky Lipgloss


Toasted Almond is a golden beige that is sheerer and lighter when blended out in the eyelid.  It goes with many different shadow colors and prevents creasing beautifully.  Thank you BE for putting eye primer in a functional squeeze tube! 

Glamtastic is a light golden cream.  It has a beautiful sheen that catches the light without being shimmery or over the top.  It is easily one of the best Bare Escentuals shadows I own, and applies beautifully without any fallout.

Glitz is a different story altogether.  I tried it over the included primer and had a hard time building the color.   It was a bit chalky and the gorgeous sparkle didn't translate to the eye at all.  I think it needs to be foiled or used over a sticky base like Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy.  I have yet to experiment though.

5 pm is a deep blackened purple.  It goes on smoothly and is very soft.  It was too soft to tightline or achieve a precise line, but I think it would make a nice smoky liner.




Gorgeous Blush is a vibrant matte flamingo pink.  It is very intense and needs to be applied with care to avoid an overly flushed look.  The color is very flattering and long lasting.

Luxe Radiance is a pale apricot color with tons of silver shimmer.  The shimmer isn't quite as visible when buffed onto the face, but it is definitely not a subtle highlighter.  It warms up the pink tones in Gorgeous blush and adds a nice shimmer.  I have also enjoyed using this over my peach colored blushes.

Perky Lipgloss is a Pretty Amazing formula.  I don't know if I'd call it amazing, but it is a nice smooth lipgloss with a pretty peach color.  The pinkness of my lips tones down the orange in Perky to make it a nice pinkish peach with no shimmer.

Overall I'd recommend this set of you are looking to try Bare Escentuals.  I am in love with the eye primer, and I am also enjoying playing around with the different powders.

1 comment:

Kaki said...

Oooh I'm a sucker for anything BE although they're kits aren't always hits. I was going back and forth on this one because the last kit I purchased, well, 70% of it I don't use. I like the colors but I think I like the primer the best. Maybe I'll just get that and save myself some room in my makeup trolley. Thanks for the pics!