Friday, April 27, 2012

Guerlain for Emilio Pucci Terra Azzurra Bronzer: Swatches and Review

That is a long title up there, but this is a special bronzer. The details, along with quality, are what make a purchase worthwhile for me. Terra Azzurra Bronzer delivers both!

Encased in a Pucci print pouch of vibrant turquoise and blue, is a heavy wooden case.

The gorgeous colors swirl around a large pan of shimmering bronzer. The lid is magnetic, similar to last year's Terra Inca Radiant Powder.
I swatched the bronzer on the left, the three stripes of color, and then the stripes mixed. The effect is soft and muted with no frost or glitter to be seen.
I don't have many bronzers, but I found my Dior Aurora to be similar, though slightly more peach. The blush stripes in Terra Azzurra are similar to Guerlain Serie Noire, but less pink and also less shimmery.
I haven't had a chance to test Guerlain Terra Azzurra on my cheeks yet. I hope to put a look together featuring the Capri quad and bronzer very soon. From swatching the bronzer, I can tell you it gives a soft natural effect with subtle shimmer. You won't glitter like Edward. I also love the option to use the blush and bronzer separately, or swirl them both together. Guerlain has put together a beautiful bronzer worth the splurge this summer!

 

3 comments:

Dovey said...

Hi Martha, The pucci pouch and pattern on the bronzer are beautiful! The stipes seem useful since you can tailor the effects to your liking!

birkinbagbeauty said...

It's gorgeous. I like how the larger bronzer shade has some coolness in it compared to the Dior: most standard bronzers go somewhat orangy on me.

Martha said...

Dovey, the stripes were what drew me in. So pretty!

Birkinbag, this is a bit warm, but definitely workable.