Monday, April 30, 2012

Pucci FOTD

Here is a look using the Guerlain for Pucci Capri palette and Terra Azzurra bronzer. The bronzer went on smoothly and lasted all day. It wasn't overly shimmery, and it is warm but workable for my skin tone. If you are a very fair and cool toned person, you might want to test this bronzer in person. I used the bronzer portion on my cheeks, forehead and chin. After that, I swirled the colored part and used it as blush.

The Capri palette is bright, but I find that black liner can make almost any color wearable near the eye. The lightest shade has some annoying glitter fallout, but it was easy to tap off my brush before I applied. The deep brown is amazing! It is so smooth, pigmented, and easy to blend. The bright pink is sheer but buildable, and I would love to test it as a blush color. Finally, the shimmering orange is gorgeous.

Next time I want to experiment with only a couple of the colors, but for review purposes I used all four. I think it is a fun and dramatic look for summer.

 

FACE

Lancôme Teint Idole 24H 140 N

Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer SSX03

MAC Careblend Pressed Powder in Light

Anastasia Brow Powder Duo in Medium Ash



EYES

NARS Smudgeproof Base

Guerlain Capri Quad

-pink on the lid

-orange in crease

- deep brown in outer V, lower lash line

-white gold on inner corners

MAC Blacktrack

L'Oreal False Fiber Lashes in black waterproof



CHEEKS

Guerlain Terra Azzurra bronzer



LIPS

Guerlain Mitsouko Rouge Automatique

9 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Absolutely stunning, I love the Capri palette on your eyes.

Kate MacDonald said...

This is a lovely look. I was thinking that the bronzer might be too warm on me, but on you it's lovely and I think we're roughly the same tone. Now I have to budget for more summer purchases.

sandoz28 said...

This is an incredibly gorgeous look on you! I skipped over the Pucci release as I'm fair and figured these colors wouldn't be very flattering, but after seeing them on you I may need to reconsider.

Mar said...

Love, love, love it!

Jackie said...

soo pretty! love this look.

Makeup Magpie said...

So pretty! Love this look!

Dovey said...

Hi Martha, the Capri palette is Stunning on your eyes--- I really love how you've applied it here too. The pink contrasts so perfectly and naturally with your blue eyes. Love with an exclamation point!

MrsCassizzleSparkles said...

That Pucci quad looks ahhmazing on you! I was already lemming it but I think I must have it! This whole looks is great!

Martha said...

Thanks Jacqueline. I love using pink and coral on the eyes sometimes.

Kate, you have inspired many Guerlain purchases. In fact I bought last year's Sublime Radiant Powder after seeing it on you!

Sandoz, thank you :)

Mar, <3

Thank you Jackie!

Thank you Magpie. I recently got NARS Paramaribo too. Loved it on you!

Thanks Dovey :)

MissCassizzl, it is definitely worth checking out!