Friday, August 17, 2012

Gelish Carnival Hangover

I recently tried out soak off gel polish, and once was all it took. The next week I ordered my own UV light and a few colors to start out. This stuff is amazing.
You need a special primer, top and base coat along with the UV light. Prep and polishing time takes longer than a regular manicure, but as soon as you finish your nails are completely dry.

They stay so shiny all week! I had no chipping, and I am not particularly easy on my nails.

At the end of 2 weeks, you soak them in acetone to remove the polish. My nails were still in great shape.

Gelish Carnival Hangover is a neon purple pink. These pictures don't capture the vibrancy, but this color is bright and summery.

3 comments:

Annick said...

Isn't gel polish fun? I did the same thing a while back - I bought my own lamp on Ebay, a few shades, top and base coat and went to town. So fun! Now my friend have requests for me to do their nails too!

sweetpea*in*snow said...

I've been using the Gelish system for about 6 months, and love it! I also have some of the Red Carpet Manicure (from ULTA) colors! They work great as well!
I love the shade in your post! I have pics on my blog of my favorite gel colors. :)
Amber

Alex said...

What a beautiful color!!