Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Guerlain Peach Boy Blush Duo: Swatches and Review

 

Guerlain has made produced some of my favorite bronzers and highlighters lately, so I was excited to see a collection of brand new blush duos.

The duos come in the same Guerlain packaging used for the eyeshadow quads. It is sleek, shiny, and pretty much perfection. My inner raccoon is thrilled.

The blush pans aren't as large as you might expect, but they aren't lacking in any way.

Peach Boy has a matte pinkish peach color on top , and a sheer shimmery light peach below.
Layering the lighter shade over the matte makes a lovely shimmery warm pink.

Here are my closest peach comparisons:

Chanel Espeigle and Illamasqua Lover are more peach. Guerlain Serie Noire is more pink and shimmery. Chanel In Love is close, but warmer and less pink than Peach Boy.

The texture of the blush duos remind me of the new eyeshadow formula. They are on the drier side without being chalky or sheer. They are smooth to apply and build pigment easily. Overall I am very happy with my choice and plan to try one more color.

2 comments:

Sharlynn said...

Wow, the blush shade is so pretty, soft but warm and I see that working on a lot of skin tones! Great stuff you've got!

makeup magpie said...

Very pretty! I'm tempted by these duos whenever I see them in the mall. May just have to go back and get one soon! :)