Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Guerlain Perles du Dragon Meteorites: Swatches and Review

Guerlain Holiday showcases a gorgeous version of Meteorites called Perles du Dragon.

This is my first experience with Meteorites, and I am happy I took the plunge.

The packaging is breathtaking. Perles du Dragon would look amazing on a vanity or makeup table.
Inside the container are pearls of different colors and sizes. Perles du Dragon are different shades of mauve, gold, and cream.

They are softly shimmery, not glittery or shiny.

Swatches are basically useless since the effect is so subtle. I made a heavy swatch with the included sponge on my arm. If you look to the left, you will see my bare arm. To the right, the Meteorites give a sheer pinkish glow with soft silver shimmer.

Meteorites smell amazing too! They have a light violet scent that Guerlain uses frequently.

Here I have applied them over my my usual makeup, all over the face. They are subtle enough to use as a setting powder. I imagine I will love the effect this winter since my skins tends to get drier and more dull with the cold.

Overall, I am extremely pleased with my Dragon Meteorites. The packaging is stunning as is the product inside. Perles du Dragon do not disappoint!

 

2 comments:

LilJeJa said...

Can you compare them to other Perles?

Martha said...

Sorry, I don't have any other Meteorites.