Monday, November 5, 2012

MAC Extra Dimension Eyeshadow: Does Size Matter?

I absolutely loved MAC's first release of Extra Dimension eyeshadows, and I wish I had picked up a few more colors before they were gone. Typical MAC Limited Edition nonsense.

I decided to try a few from the recent holiday release.

The formula is a powder and cream hybrid that imparts an intensely shimmery finish. The new size is less than exciting. They are about half the size, but the price remains the same. Lame.

Rich Core is a burgundy plum from the first release. Round Midnight is a deep plummy brown with a low level of shimmer. Stolen Moment is a purplish silvery taupe. Modern Pewter is a golden pewter color from the first release. Stylishly Merry is a bluish fuchsia. A Natural Flirt is a light golden peach.

All of these applied smoothly with minimal fallout. The finish is gorgeous and long lasting. If you can stand the size decrease and limited edition hype, these are worth tracking down.

6 comments:

Sharlynn said...

Stolen moment I'd put all over my lid with stylishly merry on the center! Oh they look sooo nice! Great swatches! :)

sweetpea*in*snow said...

I haven't tried any of the Extra Dimension shadows. I am pretty sure I need to get my hands on Round Midnight!!

My Lips But Better said...

These are gorgeous, but I can't believe MAC has the gall to offer half the product for the same price.

makeup magpie said...

You picked the same colors I did! I like these shadows a lot and since it takes me years to finish any eyeshadow I don't mind the smaller size, but do think MAC should have lowered the price on these.

softly said...

Ack! These are so pretty, but I don't understand the price staying the same. It looks like it's the same formulation as these e/s I picked up from Kiko Milano, which are pretty cheap but are great quality. I think I have to check these out in person. Agh, so pretty.

Sara Java said...

Aww I can't believe they changed the size! I was going to get some of these because I really like the formulation but now it feels like a rip off.